What she said
So when she was 2 I promised MB a dog when she started Kindergarten.
No idea she would every remember it.
Kindergarten started in August.
From the day school started to current every day we here when are we getting a dog.
With her birthday around the corner and Christmas after that, I knew it was time to cave.
So today we went looking at Havanese puppies. After doing some research I found they didn’t shed, were perfect for kids, etc, etc. Sounded like a good fit.
Well going to see the puppies was the last step. No turning back now.
How cute are these guys??? Well only one of the six, but our favorite.
We can’t pick out yet and we are #5 on the waiting list for 6 puppies…so I am keeping my fingers crossed for our favorite…but they were all so cute so I don’t think we can go wrong.
Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )
For someone who gets more email than I need on a daily basis. This week seems to be leaving me with a few email treats in my inbox. And I am loving it.
As we prepare for MB’s party I have gotten a few emails asking what MB might want for her birthday. I don’t really have the answers and so say she is a girly girl and anything your daughter will like she will most likely love. Which is true.
I hate not being more helpful but other than the random I want this or I want that off TV there isn’t a list of things she wants that I could rattle off.
Anyway back to my email treat.
During center time at school one of the moms had asked MB what she wanted for her birthday. I guess MB told her squeebles and polly pockets after being asked a couple of times. And then ended it with “”but I am thankful for whatever anyone gives me!!!”
That’s my girl.
Made me smile.
You can’t be with them every minute and you never know what is going on during that time they are away at school, at a playdate, etc. It is nice to know that some of that constant reminding of saying please and thank you or how not to beg, ask nicely for things, etc have stuck. At least when she is out of the house!
Now off to whittle down my inbox, but that is one I will wait a day or 2 to respond to, just cause I want to smile and read it again.Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )
Nana is in town. We are finishing up prep for the upcoming birthday bash.
So the next up activity was making MB’s bath salts.
We get MB at the bus stop.
We come home and it time to start working on the salts.
MB disappears to go to the rest room and change.
Out she appears in a tutu. Yep her shirt from school, I love soccer undies, and a bright orange tutu.
She climbs up on her stool and says “ok, Nana, I am ready”
Now I know that tutus are the fitting outfit for making bath salts. I was completely under-dressed.
Even better our lovely neighbor stopped by to say hi and asked MB if she had just home from dance. MB with a straight-faced said no she was making bath salts. A mother of a boy with a baby girl on the way she looked throughly perplexed. Just a matter of time till it makes sense to her too.
Bath salts and tutus. As perfect as peanut butter and chocolate.Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )
Gotta love this. I was exchanging emails with MB’s teacher today and his final note shared a little bit of my MB.
I was doing kinder assessments with MB and I complimented her on her correct answers to the questions and MB said, “I know a lot of things.”
That sums our girl up.
In the lead or control.
Swears she knows more than anyone else.
Absorbs everything she can possibly from conversations, surroundings, life.
Funny how those 6 little words just bring to vision our little girl in a nutshell.
It was good for a laugh or too around the dinner table as well.Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )
Her best friends have short hair and one just got it cut so MB wanted to join the crowd. I was happy to oblige. Her hair is thin and while I love doing braids and pony tails it starts to look pretty shaggy at the ends. So we went to Sweet and Sassy and she took 4 inches off. The original plan was 2.5 inches.
It looks great. She loves it and TB and I love it. Win. Win.
As we drove home from getting it cut I looked back in the mirror and she had a sad face. I asked her what was wrong.
She looks at me very serious and says. I love my short hair, but I miss my hair- it is all gone.
I asked if she was sad she cut it. She said no.
“I love my new hair, it is just all gone”
I smiled and told her that I loved it too and that was the great thing about hair. It grows back. So you can cut it short then let it grow long again till you want to cut it.
She smiled and the subject changed.
In the back of my mind I thought what a grown up moment. How many times had I cut my hair and then while I loved the new look missed the hair that had just been left on the salon floor.
2 days later the thought of that long hair is long gone..she is working the new do!Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( 1 so far )
So today we decided it was time to do a little room clean up and organization. With MB’s birthday and Christmas coming seemed like a good time to go through her room and so some “spring cleaning”.
This year I enlisted her to work with me and I have to say she did awesome and it was fun. For a little over 2 hours went through bucket and bucket of stuff. We had a bag for trash and a bag to give to charity. I was surprised at what a good job she did of deciding things were better off for charity for other kids to play with more than she does.
At times things went a little slower than it would have been if it was just me but we learned a couple of things from this so I think it will be a twice a year cleaning we do together.
Here is the short list of what we learned:
– things she had looked for were in her room but in the wrong spot..she started to realize the reason you put things back in their right spot so it is easier to find in the future
– we put all the small things in little baggies (accessories) for the barbies etc but put them in the same bucket. She loved having everything in one spot so she can grab a basket and bring it out to the living room and she had all her stuff, plus she said it was easier to clean up that way
– Having her make the decisions on what to keep and what to giveaway wasn’t really as hard as I expected. She was able to reason that out and got really excited to be giving things to charity. Makes all the times I hear I want that I want that not so bad, she does understand giving back to others
– We managed to get 4 large paper grocery bags full of stuff to get rid of. We spent 2 hours together, she was entertained, I got the chore done…and rid of so much JUNK!!!!
– Later in the day when she wanted to color I was able to say remember where we put all your coloring stuff. And she was like, oh yeah! Hopefully this will mean she will start to know where her stuff is as well and save all the “helping”
The question I have is how long will the room stay this way!Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )
Only fair that she answer the questions on TB as well!
These questions were answered by MB, October 3, 2010.
1. What is something TB always says to you?
He always tells me to get in bed
2. What makes TB happy?
Giving him hugs and kisses
3. What makes TB sad?
You don’t play with him and give him kisses and hugs
4. How does your TB make you laugh?
I do funny faces
5. What was TB like as a child?
He had a brother and short hair.
6. How old is TB?
7. How tall is TB?
8. What is his favorite thing to do?
Go out and eat sushi with me
9. What does TB do when you’re not around?
He looks at a star
10. If TB becomes famous, what will it be for?
He will want to be dancer
11. What is TB really good at?
12. What is TB not very good at?
Farting (I didn’t ask any questions here cause I don’t want to know where that is going :P)
13. What does TB do for a job?
Works just like mom
14 .What is TB’s favorite food?
15. What makes you proud of TB?
Cause he always makes me laugh
16. If TB were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Ferb- she really struggled with this one.
17. What do you and TB do together?
We usually go swimming
18. How are you and TB the same?
We are not the same, but we like to go on the rooftop and snuggle
19. How are you and TB different?
Because he has big hands and big feet and I don’t
20. How do you know TB loves you?
Cause he has a heart
21. What does TB like most about your mom?
Cause you guys snuggle with each other
22. Where would TB like to go?
To sushi with his familyRead Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )
Saw this on my friends blog A Very Verrett Life and I shamelessly stole the idea. Things have just been so busy and while I have tons to write about just don’t have the energy to write…so thought it was cute and MB could practice her skills.
These questions were answered by MB, October 3, 2010.
1. What is something mom always says to you?
Please do your work
2. What makes mom happy?
Helping her in doing her stuff
3. What makes mom sad?
Not going to bed and you not listening
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Making her laugh by doing funny songs
5. What was your mom like as a child?
She likes me
6. How old is your mom?
*she wanted to get all the questions correct, even though I told her there were no wrong answers. She saw 22 written down (from the post I copied) so leverage the answer in hopes it was the right one!
7. How tall is your mom?
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Play with her family
9. What does your mom do when you’re not around?
She always looks at the stars
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
she will want to be the coolest person working
11. What is your mom really good at?
12. What is your mom not very good at?
getting me toys
13. What does your mom do for a job?
14 .What is your mom’s favorite food?
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
17. What do you and your mom do together?
We usually go to Dave and Busters or we go watch movies
18. How are you and your mom the same?
Our hair is the same color and we have the same earrings
19. How are you and your mom different?
My mom has bigger feet and hands
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Cause she has a heart
21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
Cause he loves to snuggle with her
22. Where would your mom like to go?
go eat at the sushi barRead Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )
How cute is this.
Last night we are getting ready for bed and MB is cleaning up her room. I hear her singing softly “Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall”
I stop her and say what are you singing. She smiles and sings a little louder:
Winter, Spring, summer or fall
All you got to do is call
And I’ll be there
you’ve got a friend?
I smile and ask her where she learned that. She said Mr. Kinder taught me.
Then I got the newsletter. They are starting to study the seasons.
So Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall. How cute is that?
Just another reason I love Mr. Kinder.
Teaching my daughter James Taylor and the seasons all at once.
Ahh….the year is just getting better and better.
Now off to find photos of MB in the snow to send to Mr. Kinder– to show the other AZ kids who have never seen a NY WINTER!Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )
« Previous Entries